Thursday 24 March 2011

Mumbai Love..

Three weeks ago, I kinda spent some time roaming around a few places in my city, and realized that although it may not be the best place in the world, with its potholes and traffic problems, its just the place for me...The harmonious existence of the dabbawallas & machiwalis, the Tatas & the Ambanis, and then peeps like me, in this city is fascinating!
I agree that streets of Mumbai are not very clean, but the euphoria one feels, on an evening with pleasant coastal weather, just walking down these streets, headphones on, singing, and at times, even dancing to some of your favourite tunes, is awesome! Yes, me walking is quite unbelievable, but the weather was wonderful, the lyrics of ainvayi ainvayi were calling out to me, and I couldn't think of a better way to enjoy these two things than walking from Bon Bon, all the way to Badrinath Towers! (That may not be a lot for you, but its quite a walk for me! =P)
The day after, my family and I took a trip into town, and went on the Gateway ferry ride, with impatient people standing in front of each other to get a better view of the vast expanse of sea, and the lovely breeze with it! I also went on a Victoria or ghoda-gaadi ride! I don't normally support this kind of thing, because of any cruelty towards the horse that may be involved, but this was one time where I didn't feel that there was any ill treatment being meted out to the animal, so I took a ride atop the shiny silver carriage, adorned with numerous lights and fake flowers! I thoroughly enjoyed my ride around the Taj and a short stretch of the Causeway and felt like I was in the scene from Jaane Tu.., where Genelia rides across the road in one of the same carriages..
Yes, I'm very filmy, but what can I say, there's no fun being any other way! Aae dil, hai mushkil, jeena yahaan, zara hatke, zara bachke, yeh hai Mumbai, meri jaan!
Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone

1 comment:

  1. what happened nyma
    what happened where are you
    happy birthday where btw

    ReplyDelete